Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
Cash App expanded for business use in 2015. Small businesses can now accept payments via Cash App or add Cash App as a payment option for their customers.
That has made the process straightforward for businesses looking for a quicker way to accept payments.
If you are a small business owner seeking to understand how Cash App business accounts work, here’s a detailed guide with all the common questions answered.
In This Post:
- 1) Can Cash App be Used for Business?
- 2) Can You Have a Personal and Business Cash App?
- 3) What’s the Difference Between Cash App Business and Personal?
- 4) Does Business Cash App Need Email to Send Money?
- 5) How Do Cash App Business Accounts Work?
- 6) How Do I Know if I Have a Cash App Business Account?
- 7) How Do I Setup a Cash App Business Account?
- 8) How Much Can You Receive with a Cash App Business Account?
- 9) How to Close a Cash App Business Account
- 10) How to Verify a Cash App Business Account
- 11) How Much are Cash App Business Account Fees?
- Wrapping Up
1) Can Cash App be Used for Business?
Yes, you can use Cash App for business to make the billing process simple.
Whether you’re offering regular services, running a shop, or driving a cab, you can sign up for a business Cash App account. Business merchants will need to pay a small amount for every transaction.
2) Can You Have a Personal and Business Cash App?
Yes, it’s possible to have personal and business Cash App accounts.
However, to set up two different Cash App accounts, you’ll need to have two separate bank accounts, phone number, card, and email address.
You can’t use the same email address, phone number, card, or bank account to create a personal and business Cash App.
3) What’s the Difference Between Cash App Business and Personal?
The main difference between a personal and business Cash App is that the latter can be used to receive payments for products or services.
With Cash App business, business owners get an account with a Cashtag, which is a unique username that customers can use to make payments. Non-cash App users can make payments using this username without downloading Cash App.
What’s more, if business owners have a website, they can attack the payment link to their site to receive money.
There’s no money transfer limit for Cash App business accounts. However, there’s a fee business owners have to incur for this service.
Personal Cash App can only be used to send and receive money from close friends and relatives. These transactions don’t incur any charges.
Another difference is that business account holders enjoy free standard bank deposits. Nonetheless, instant Csh App deposit incurs a fee on both business and personal Cash App accounts.
4) Does Business Cash App Need Email to Send Money?
No, the business Cash App doesn’t need an email to send money. They only require a Cashtag, which is a unique link a customer can use to send money.
5) How Do Cash App Business Accounts Work?
A merchant gets a Cash App business account with a Cashtag, which is a unique username that customers can use to send payments to the business.
Apart from the unique username, business owners also get a payment page with a customized URL. A customer can make a payment by visiting cash. me/yourcashtag or clicking the link on your website.
Cashtags can be added to your business marketing campaigns and business cards to let customers know that you have Cash App as a payment option.
A customer without a Cssh App account can pay directly using the cashtag without having to download the app. However, existing Cash App users can make direct payments from the app.
All business transactions incur a 2.75% fee. Cash App also charges 1.5% of the balance for instant transfers, but deposits are free.
Another thing worth noting is that businesses that had $200 or over $20,000 during the year get a 1099-K form for tax reporting purposes.
6) How Do I Know if I Have a Cash App Business Account?
If you are charged a $2.85% fee to receive payments into your account, that’s a Cash App business account. Business accounts also have a blue badge, which signifies a Cash App assured account with features similar to a business account.
Another differentiating aspect is the little building icon displayed on the business account.
Also, if you have a Cash App business account, you can create a payment link and share it with customers. Cash App business account users don’t get a Cash App card like those with a personal Cash App account.
A1099-K form is issued for Cash App business accounts with transactions over $20,000 and more than $200 payments each year.
7) How Do I Setup a Cash App Business Account?
To set up a Cash App business account, you’ll need to:
- Create a Cash App account on the app or the website.
- Use your phone number or email address to link to Cash App.
- Cash App will send a confirmation message in form of a passcode via email or text.
- The passcode is what you’ll use to log in to your account.
- Once the logging in is done, you need to confirm your names and add a debit card.
Note that Cash App accounts are by default set to personal. For you to create a business Cash App account, you’ll need to go through more steps. These include:
- Launching Cash App account and tap on the profile buttonon the home screen.
- Scroll down and click on the personal tab.
- Click on change account type.
- Scan your finger to confirm the changes.
You now have a Cash App business account.
To link Cash App to your business, you’ll need to add your business bank information and ensure you have a branded cashtag that your customers can recognize easily. Once done, create a cash.me link on your site for quicker transactions.
8) How Much Can You Receive with a Cash App Business Account?
Any merchant with a verified Cash App business account can receive unlimited money and send up to $7500 per week.
Business account holders can receive up to $50,000 a day, but any Cash App direct deposit payment needs to be less than $25,000.
With an Unverified Cash App business account, a merchant can only receive $1,000 per week and send only $250 each week.
9) How to Close a Cash App Business Account
To close your Cash App business account, you’ll need to first empty your Cash App account.
- Open Cash App on your phone
- Scroll down to the bottom left to switch to the Cash App home page
- On the banking profile, tap on the Cash Out option. Doing that transfers your account funds out to the bank account linked to your account.
- Follow the prompts in the app to complete the funds transfer.
After cashing out your Cash App account, you can now delete your account. You’ll need to follow these steps.
- Go back to the home screen on your Cash App account.
- Tap on the profile icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- On your profile page, click on the support link, which is at the bottom of the listed options.
- While still on the support link, tap on Something Else
- Click on Account Settings and then tap on close my Cash App account.
- Tap on confirm closing my Cash App account to confirm your decision.
- You’ll receive a confirmation once the above steps are complete. The confirmation could be in form of a text or an email, depending on the contact information linked with your Cash App account.
- You can now delete the app after deleting your Cash App account.
After confirming your account closure, your Cash App user ID or Cashtag will not exist and anyone who tries to send you money will receive an error message.
10) How to Verify a Cash App Business Account
To verify your Cash App business account, you need to:
- Launch Cash App on your phone
- Tap on the balance section and move down to the funds section
- Click on the add card tab
- Follow the on screen prompts and provide your name, account number, expiration date, date of birth, and CVV number.
- Provide your social security number on your profile
- Allow the camera to access your Cash App by capturing a photo of a government-approved ID card.
- Take a selfie and submit your verification request.
- It can take up to 24 hours to get a verification confirmation.
Once verified, a verified tick will appear on the user’s Cashtag to confirm that the account is completely verified.
11) How Much are Cash App Business Account Fees?
Cash App charges a $2.75% for receiving money into your business Cash App account. Sending money from a business account to a linked bank account also attracts a 1.5% fee. A 3% fee also applies when making any payments via a credit card.
However, instant transfer with standard bank deposit is free.
As a business owner, a Cash App business account is a convenient way to receive easy and quick payments.
Having a Cash App business account allows you to receive payments easily from both Cash App and non-Cash App users. Verified business Cash App merchants can enjoy limitless cash in a month.
Hopefully, you now have an idea of how Cash App business accounts work and the fees incurred with every transaction.