aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links.
As of 2021, Cash App had over 36 million active users. For one reason or another, some of these users have had the unfortunate experience of having their Cash App account banned.
If you are one of them, you may not even know why your account was banned. Even worse, you may have had money in your Cash App account at the time it was banned and you’d like to at least get your money back.
So can you get your banned Cash App account back? What about your money? If so, how?
Keep reading to uncover everything you need to know.
In This Post:
- Why Did Cash App Close Your Account?
- What Happens if a Cash App Account is Closed?
- How to Get Unbanned From Cash App (Step-by-Step)
- Can You Reopen a Closed Cash App Account?
- Can You Get Your Money Back if Cash App Account is Closed?
- If Cash App Closes Your Account, Can You Reopen Another?
- How to Open Another Cash App Account
- How to Contact Cash App Customer Service
- Wrapping Up
Why Did Cash App Close Your Account?
Cash App can decide to close an account due to a number of reasons. While it’s not possible to confirm the exact reason why your Cash App account is closed, understanding the common causes can help you prevent a ban in the future.
Some of the reasons why your Cash App account is closed include:
Violation of Terms of Service
Cash App bans accounts regularly as most users violate the stated Cash App terms knowingly or unknowingly on the app. (1)
Violating the terms and policies of Cash App and crossing the limit of unwanted errors can have you banned from Cash App.
Below are some activities that constitute a violation of Cash App policies.
- Fraud or Privacy Scam
Carrying out any fraud with your Cash App account can get your account banned. Furthermore, if you’ve tried earning money on the app by visiting another third-party site, Cash App can ban your account.
You also violate the app’s terms of service if you use and link a fake bank account to Cash App. In addition, expired credit or debit cards should not be registered.
You need to be 18 years or older to create an account on Cash App.
Only U.S. citizens are allowed to sign up and use Cash App to send and receive money. Any account created outside of the US is likely to be banned.
- Identity Verification
Failure to verify your identity after multiple transactions could also result in an account ban. Cash App requires all users to upload an original photo ID proof and the last four digits of SSN.
You can violate Cash App’s terms of service if you give out incorrect details and your verification went through. When Cash App determines that the details you provided don’t match the details the government has, this could lead to the closure of your account.
- Several Unsuccessful Login Attempts
Cash App may flag your account due to multiple attempts to login into your Cash App account.
Banned For gambling
According to Cash App’s terms, any unlawful internet gambling could get your account closed. Restricted transactions could include those in electronic fund transfers, checks, credit, or drafts accepted by gambling businesses in connection with the participation by others in unlawful internet gambling.
What Happens if a Cash App Account is Closed?
If your Cash App account is closed, you cannot send or receive money from friends or family via the Cash App account. In addition, the cash card stops working, which means you can’t make any withdrawals. However, your payment and bank details remain in the cash register database.
How to Get Unbanned From Cash App (Step-by-Step)
Note that it’s not simple to get your Cash App unlocked if you’ve violated their terms of service by conducting any unethical activity or providing incorrect details.
Nevertheless, it’s possible to regain your Cash App account if you haven’t done anything to violate their terms. Below are steps on how you can reverse the banning.
- Access Cash App on your phone. Log in with a registered email id or phone number
- You’ll get a code or OTP on your email or phone number.
- Enter the code. Click on the sign-in button
- You need to contact a Cash App assistant to unblock the account if this method fails to work.
Can You Reopen a Closed Cash App Account?
You can reopen a closed Cash App account by getting in touch with the customer support team.
Cash App has an extensive team of customer support technicians who can help with a closed or blocked account. For this, you’ll need to:
- Launch the application on your phone
- Scroll to the top-right corner and tap and the profile icon
- Move down and get to the bottom side of the screen
- At the bottom, there’s a cash support button. Click on it.
- Tap on something else from the drop-down menu
- Describe the issue and request to unlock your Cash App account
It may take up to four working days for Cash App customer service to get back to you. Be patient during this period.
Can You Get Your Money Back if Cash App Account is Closed?
Although you can use a Cash App card to try and withdraw money from an ATM, there’s a likelihood that this will not work if Cash App locks your account.
You cannot withdraw any money from your account if it’s been banned by CashApp. The only way to access your money is to get your account unbanned. Follow the steps above to get unblocked from Cash App.
It takes 24-48 hours to get your account unlocked after verification.
Once you unlock your Cash App account, you can use a Cash App card to withdraw your balance from an ATM. In addition, you can transfer money to a linked bank account.
If Cash App Closes Your Account, Can You Reopen Another?
Yes, you can open another Cash App account if your previous one got banned. However, you’ll need to use a different bank account, email address, and mobile number.
Note that you cannot provide any fake or wrong information when you open another Cash App account. Otherwise, your account may not be approved.
Additionally, you cannot carry out a Cash Advance from one account to another. Cash App may terminate both your accounts without any warning.
How to Open Another Cash App Account
To open another Cash App account, here are steps to follow.
- Open Cash App on your phone
- Click on the profile at the top of the screen if you’re still logged in to your older Cash App account.
- Scroll down and tap on the Sign Out option
- You’ll be redirected to the Sign In page once you sign out of the current account.
- Click on the Sign Up option to create a new Cash App account
- Enter a new email ID or number to start the signup process
- Verify the email ID or phone number that you provided.
- Once everything is confirmed, continue with the registration process and enter any required information.
That’s all you need to set up a new Cash App account.
How to Contact Cash App Customer Service
You can get in touch with Cash App’s customer service through:
A toll-free number: +1 800 969 1940
Email support: https://cash.app/help
Mailing Address: Cash App 1455 Market Street Suite 600 San Francisco, CA 94103
You can also contact Cash App support through the App by:
- Tapping the profile section on the cash App home screen
- Move down and click on Cash Support
- Navigate and click on the issue you may be having
- Click on Contact Support after selecting can’t access account
Cash App can decide to close your account when you violate their terms of service. If you need to revive a closed Cash App account, you’ll need to contact their customer support to get access to the app. However, this only works for accounts closed for unknown reasons.
Banning can’t be undone if your account was created with fake information or you were found to be conducting fraudulent activities from your account.
Hopefully, you now know some of the reasons why Cash can close your account and some of the ways you can reopen a closed Cash App account.
- Cash App – https://cash.app/legal/us/en-us/ldda-terms