Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
Hey Chime Users!
Ever wonder when your direct deposit will hit your Chime account? I know I did when I started using Chime.
Chime Direct Deposit Times:
Chime direct deposits should hit your account by 5:00 PM ET Monday to Friday unless it’s a Federal/banking holiday.
This is the latest it should hit your account and in most cases, it will come earlier than that.
The EXACT time will vary from person to person (which I explain why later in this post).
With over 27 million online financial accounts throughout the United States – Chime being one of the largest, it isn’t a surprise people have questions about how Chime deposits and direct deposits work.
Below I will show you how to PROPERLY set up your direct deposits and some IMPORTANT things you should know.
What Time Does Chime Direct Deposit Hit my Account on Wednesdays?
As a general rule of thumb, a Chime direct deposit will hit your account on Wednesdays by 5:00 PM ET.
This is typically the LATEST you’ll get your direct deposit with Chime, and often times you’ll get it earlier.
If your employer and their bank process things early enough you COULD get your direct deposit up to two days early.
Keep in mind…
If this is your first direct deposit with your Chime checking account, don’t be surprised if this one is slower than expected.
Future direct deposits to your Chime account should be faster – possibly up to 2 days faster.
There really is no “set time” that a direct deposit will hit your account.
In general, it will be no later than 5:00 PM ET up to 2 days earlier than your “normal” pay day.
Below shows the latest you should expect direct deposits to hit your Chime account by day:
- Monday: By 5:00 PM ET
- Tuesday: By 5:00 PM ET
- Wednesday: By 5:00 PM ET
- Thursday: By 5:00 PM ET
- Friday: By 5:00 PM ET
- Weekends & Federal Holidays: No deposits are processed
- The day after the Holidays: By 5:00 PM ET
If you don’t yet have direct deposits set up with Chime, I’ll show you how momentarily.
RELATED: Does Chime Work with Zelle?
How to Setup Direct Deposits with Chime (Step-by-Step)
To set up direct deposits using your Chime account:
- Step 1: Log in to your Chime account from within the app or online.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Move Money” option at the bottom of the app.
- Step 3: Tap on “Move your direct deposit”.
- Step 4: Next, you’ll have several options. You can copy your routing and account number for setting up direct deposits. You can also tap on the “Get completed form” to have a pre-filled direct deposit form generated for you that you can print or email to your employer. Finally, you can also use the “Find employer” button to have Chime set up direct deposits automatically on your behalf with one of the 30,000+ supported employers.
- Step 5: Verify that your information is correct.
Does Your First Direct Deposit with Chime Come 2 Days Early?
As a general rule, your first direct deposit with Chime will NOT come 2 days early.
Your future direct deposits typically will though it depends on several things.
How long it takes for you to receive your money will depend on how fast your employer and their bank process things is probably the BIGGEST factor.
How Long Does Chime Direct Deposit Take?
As a general rule of thumb, your direct deposit with Chime will be available in your Chime checking account about 3 days after your employer submits payroll to their bank.
In most cases, this will result in you getting paid up to 2 days before your actual payday^ (YES!).
Why am I Not Getting Paid 2 Days Early with Chime?
There are a few reasons why you might not receive your direct deposit 2 days early with Chime^.
The most common reason is either your employer or your employer’s bank has processed things too slowly resulting in the delay.
If your payday falls on a holiday weekend, your payment will probably be delayed.
Another potential reason is that this is your first direct deposit with them.
If it is, the first one is typically slower but many times your future direct deposits will be at least faster.
RELATED: Does Chime Work with Cash App?
Does Chime Direct Deposit on Weekends?
Chime only direct deposits Monday to Friday and not on Saturday or Sunday.
They do not process direct deposits on weekends (no banks do).
If for some reason your funds were supposed to arrive in your Chime checking account on the weekend, they will typically arrive the following Monday or the next business day after your payday.
Does Chime Charge for Direct Deposit?
Chime does not charge a fee for direct depositing money into your Chime checking account.
For more information about fees and how to avoid paying them, click here.
How to Know the Status of Your Direct Deposit on Chime
You can instantly receive a push notification and email when your funds hit your Chime checking account.
In order to receive these notifications, you need to enable transaction notifications within your account.
You can also try contacting Chime to see where your direct deposit is but since Chime doesn’t put a hold on deposits and instantly adds them to your account as soon as you receive them, it is unlikely they will be able to tell you much.
Does Chime Direct Deposit on Holidays?
Chime does not direct deposit money into your account on any Federal Holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Washington’s Birthday/Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
Does Chime Have a Direct Deposit Limit?
Chime does not have a direct deposit limit currently.
If you need to deposit a very large sum of money though, I would suggest contacting Chime to ensure there won’t be any issues with doing so.
Is Chime Safe for Direct Deposit?
Yes, Chime is safe for direct deposits and is FDIC insured for up to $250,000.
Why Did Chime Reject my Direct Deposit?
In most cases, Chime rejected your direct deposit because it was a loan of some kind and what Chime has deemed to be business-related.
Chime states that it is only for personal use and not for business use and consequently it may reject deposits it associates with business use.
If you aren’t trying to deposit anything business-related, I recommend contacting Chime support to see if there is something else that may be causing the issue.
Wrapping Up – What Time Does Chime Direct Deposits Hit my Account?
- Chime direct deposits will hit your account by 9:00 AM ET on Wednesdays. All Chime direct deposits should hit your account by 9:00 AM ET Monday through Friday unless it’s a banking/federal holiday.
- They don’t charge a fee and in some cases, you may be able to get your money 2 days earlier than you normally would when using their direct deposit service^.
- Setting up early direct deposits is basically the exact same process as setting up any other direct deposit service – you just give your account number and routing number to your employer and sign whatever forms they need you to sign and you should be all set.