Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
Are you a new or newer Coinbase user and have questions about using a debit card with your account?
With over 43 million Coinbase users, it’s really no surprise that many people do.
Why is your debit card limit so low and how can you increase it? How exactly would you go about verifying your debit card on Coinbase?
Keep reading and I’ll uncover the answers to these and many other Coinbase debit card-related questions.
In This Post:
- 1) How to Increase Your Debit Card Limit on Coinbase?
- 2) Why Is My Coinbase Debit Card Limit so Low?
- 3) Can I Use Someone Else’s Debit Card on Coinbase?
- 4) How to Verify Your Debit Card on Coinbase (Step-By-Step)
- 5) Why is My Coinbase Debit Card Limit 0?
- 6) Why Won’t Coinbase Verify my Debit Card?
- 7) Can I Withdraw From Coinbase to a Debit Card?
- 8) Does Coinbase Accept Prepaid Debit Cards?
- 9) Does the Coinbase Debit Card Have a Routing Number?
- 10) How Long Does It Take For Coinbase To Verify A Debit Card?
- 11) How Long Does It Take To Buy Bitcoin On Coinbase With A Debit Card?
- 12) How to Remove Debit Card from Coinbase
- 13) Can I Use a Debit Card on Coinbase Pro?
- Wrapping Up
1) How to Increase Your Debit Card Limit on Coinbase?
First, you’ll need to make sure that you’re verified with Coinbase. To verify your account, you’ll need to provide some basic information, including your name, address, and date of birth. You’ll also need to provide a copy of your driver’s license or passport.
Once your account is verified, you can request a higher limit from Coinbase. To do this, open the “Settings” tab on the Coinbase website and click on “Request Increase.” You’ll then be asked to provide some additional information, including the amount of money you’d like to increase your limit by.
Once you’ve submitted your request, Coinbase will review it and let you know whether your limit has been increased. If your limit is increased, the extra funds will be added to your account immediately. If your limit is not increased, Coinbase will let you know why.
2) Why Is My Coinbase Debit Card Limit so Low?
Coinbase users may be wondering why their debit card limit is so low. There can be a few reasons for this.
One reason could be that your Coinbase account is brand new. When you first sign up for a Coinbase account, your debit card limit will likely be quite low. This is because Coinbase wants to ensure that you are fully verified before you start spending large amounts of money.
Another reason your debit card limit might be low is that you have not yet completed the verification process. To increase your debit card limit, you will need to verify your identity and bank account.
If you have already completed the verification process and your debit card limit is still low, there might be a problem with your bank account. Transactions are processed in real-time when you use your debit card, which means that if there is something wrong with your account it can cause issues.
If you have verified your identity and bank account but the problem persists, contact Coinbase support for help. They will be able to investigate any problems further. If they deem your financial documents valid, they will likely increase the limit on your account so that you can start spending money again.
3) Can I Use Someone Else’s Debit Card on Coinbase?
No, you cannot use someone else’s debit card on Coinbase. When you create a Coinbase account, you are required to enter your personal information, including your name, email address, and phone number. You also must create a password and verify your identity by uploading an ID document.
These security measures are in place to protect your account and ensure that only you can access your funds. Additionally, when you make a purchase using a debit card, Coinbase will charge a 3.99% fee. This fee is in addition to the fees charged by your bank for processing the transaction. Therefore, it is more cost-effective to use a credit card or bank transfer to purchase cryptocurrencies on Coinbase.
Related: Coinbase Fees (Complete Guide)
4) How to Verify Your Debit Card on Coinbase (Step-By-Step)
If you are looking to buy, sell, or trade cryptocurrencies on Coinbase, you will need to verify your debit card. This process is straightforward and only takes a few minutes.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Log in to your Coinbase account and click on the “Settings” tab.
2. Click on the blue button that says “Verify a Phone.”
3. Enter your personal information in the text boxes to verify yourself as the cardholder, then click “Submit.”
4. The next screen will contain the card verification number (CVV) and other payment details for your debit card. Save this information to your account so you can add it to your Coinbase buy or sell orders in the future.
5. To verify your card, click on the “Verify a Card” button (the one that is blue and says “Submit” underneath).
6. Enter the debit card information. When you enter this information, make sure that:
- You enter the name of the cardholder exactly as it appears on your debit card.
- For the address, you can use any valid US address. You do not need to enter a residential address for this step.
- Enter the zip code you used when signing up for Coinbase (if you cannot remember your correct zip code, go onto Google Maps and find the nearest one).
7. Click on the “Submit” button.
8. You will then see a confirmation screen that your debit card has been verified.
5) Why is My Coinbase Debit Card Limit 0?
1. Incomplete Identity Verification
There are a few reasons why your Coinbase debit card limit might be set to $0. One reason could be that you have not yet completed identity verification. Until you complete identity verification, your Coinbase debit card limit will remain at $0.
2. Bank Not Added To The Coinbase System
Another reason your Coinbase debit card limit might be set to $0 is that your bank has not yet been added to the Coinbase system. To add your bank to Coinbase, you must first provide your routing number and account number. Until you do so, your Coinbase debit limit will remain at $0.
6) Why Won’t Coinbase Verify my Debit Card?
There could be a few reasons why Coinbase has not verified your debit card.
1. Your Bank Is Not Compatible With Coinbase
The first possibility is that your bank is not compatible with Coinbase. To use your debit card on Coinbase, your bank must be supported by the platform. You can check this list of banks to see if your bank is compatible.
2. Your Debit Card Has Been Blocked By Coinbase
Another possibility is that your debit card has been blocked by Coinbase. This could happen if there are suspicious activities on your account or if you have violated Coinbase’s terms of service. If your debit card has been blocked, you will need to contact customer service to have it unblocked.
3. The Company Is Constantly Updating Its List Of Supported Banks And Cards
Finally, Coinbase may have simply not yet verified your debit card. The company is constantly updating its list of supported banks and cards, so your card may just not be compatible yet. If this is the case, you can check back periodically to see if your card has been added to the list.
7) Can I Withdraw From Coinbase to a Debit Card?
Coinbase allows you to withdraw funds from your account to a linked debit card. This can be done through the “Settings” menu on the Coinbase website. The funds will be transferred to your debit card in the currency of your choice. You can also use Coinbase to buy goods and services with your debit card.
If you are looking to withdraw your funds from Coinbase to a bank account, you can do so by going to the “Withdraw” page on the website. You will need to provide your bank account information and select the type of withdrawal you would like to perform. Your bank account will then be credited with the withdrawn funds in the currency of your choice.
8) Does Coinbase Accept Prepaid Debit Cards?
The answer to this question is yes, Coinbase does accept prepaid debit cards. In addition to this, Coinbase also allows you to buy digital assets with a credit card.
If you are looking for a way to purchase bitcoin or any other digital asset on Coinbase, then using a prepaid debit card or a credit card is the best option. This is because Coinbase allows you to buy digital assets at a very fast pace.
9) Does the Coinbase Debit Card Have a Routing Number?
The Coinbase debit card does not have a routing number. This is because it is a Visa card, and Visa cards do not require routing numbers. Instead, the Coinbase debit card relies on the account number and the security code on the back of the card to complete transactions.
10) How Long Does It Take For Coinbase To Verify A Debit Card?
It takes 24 hours for Coinbase to verify a debit card. After you submit your verification request, you should receive an email notification within 24 hours letting you know whether your application has been approved or denied. If your application is approved, you’ll be able to start using your card on Coinbase immediately. If your application is denied, we’ll provide instructions on how to reapply.
If you’re having trouble submitting your verification request, please contact their support team for assistance.
11) How Long Does It Take To Buy Bitcoin On Coinbase With A Debit Card?
A question that often comes up when buying bitcoin is how long does it take to buy bitcoin on Coinbase with a debit card? The answer is that it usually takes 3-5 business days. This is because Coinbase needs to verify your identity and account before you can start buying bitcoin.
To speed up the process, you can upload your ID and other documents ahead of time. You can also link your bank account to Coinbase so that you can buy bitcoin immediately after purchasing them. Overall, the process of buying bitcoin on Coinbase with a debit card is relatively straightforward. Just make sure to have all of your documents ready to go.
12) How to Remove Debit Card from Coinbase
If you’re looking to remove your debit card from Coinbase, there are a few steps you need to take. First, log into your Coinbase account and click on the “Settings” tab. Then, select “Payment Methods” and click on the “Debit Card” tab. Finally, click on the “Remove Debit Card” button and follow the instructions.
When you remove your debit card from Coinbase, it will no longer be linked to your account. This means that you will not be able to use it to buy or sell cryptocurrencies. If you want to add a new debit card to Coinbase, you can do so by following the instructions on the “Add New Payment Method” page.
13) Can I Use a Debit Card on Coinbase Pro?
A debit card can be used on Coinbase Pro, but there are some restrictions. Debit cards can only be used to buy digital currency and not to sell it. In addition, the debit card must be linked to a bank account in order to be used on Coinbase Pro.
US residents can use their debit cards to buy digital currency, but residents of other countries may not be able to use their cards. If you are not sure whether your debit card is accepted on Coinbase Pro, you can contact customer support for more information.
There are pros and cons to using Coinbase debit cards. On the one hand, they can be convenient and make it easy to spend your cryptocurrency. On the other hand, they may not be as widely accepted as traditional debit cards, and they may have higher fees than some other options.
Ultimately, whether or not a Coinbase debit card is right for you depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you’re comfortable with using cryptocurrency and want a card that is specifically tailored to that market, then a Coinbase debit card could be a good choice for you. However, if you’re looking for a more traditional debit card that can be used at a wider range of merchants, there are other options available that may be a better fit.