Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
If you’ve ever been caught without cash, you know how frustrating it can be. Fortunately, there’s a great solution – Apple Pay.
But does Apple Pay work with Chase Bank ATMs?
Yes, you can use Apple Pay with your iPhone or Apple Watch to withdraw cash from JPMorgan Chase Bank ATMs. All you need is your Chase debit card or credit card added to your Apple Wallet and your fingerprint or passcode.
I’m a big fan of using Apple Pay for anything and everything I’m able to.
Below I’ll explain exactly how to use Apple Pay at Chase ATMs and everything you need to know when doing so.
What is Apple Pay and How Does it Work?
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a payment system that allows users to make purchases in stores, online, and in apps using their Apple devices. Additionally, it allows you to withdraw cash from cardless ATMs. It uses a combination of near-field communication (NFC) and secure element (SE) technology to make payments.
NFC allows Apple Pay to communicate with payment terminals, while SE ensures that your payment information is stored securely on your device.
How Do I Use Apple Pay?
To use Apple Pay, you first need to add your credit or debit card to the Wallet app on your Apple device. You can do this by taking a photo of your card, or by entering the card information manually.
Once your card is added, you can use Apple Pay to make purchases in stores, online, and in apps.
What Is a Cardless ATM?
A cardless ATM is an ATM that allows you to withdraw cash without using a debit or credit card. Instead, you can use your mobile phone to access your account including when using Apple Pay.
To use cardless ATM access, you’ll need to have a mobile wallet set up on your phone. Once you’ve done that, you can follow the instructions at the ATM to withdraw cash without using a card.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cardless ATMs
There are several advantages of cardless ATMs, such as:
- You don’t need to carry a physical debit card with you in order to use the ATM.
- If your card is lost or stolen, you can still use the ATM as long as you have your phone.
- Cardless ATMs are more secure than traditional ATMs because they require an extra layer of authentication.
On the other hand, there are also some disadvantages to using cardless ATMs, such as:
- You may be charged an extra fee for using a cardless ATM.
- Cardless ATMs are not available at all banks and credit unions.
- If you lose your phone, you will not be able to use the ATM.
Overall, cardless ATMs offer a more convenient and secure way to access your cash, but they are not available everywhere and you may be charged an extra fee for using them.
How to Add Chase Debit Card to Apple Wallet
Before you can use Apple Pay with a Chase ATM, you should add your Chase debit card to your Apple Wallet app.
Adding your Chase debit card to Apple Wallet is easy.
- Simply open the Wallet app on your iPhone or Apple Watch and tap on the “+” button in the top right corner.
- Then, choose “Debit or Credit Card“.
- Next, you will take a picture of your debit card to add its info to your Apple Wallet.
Once your card has been added, you’re ready to use it with Apple Pay.
How to Use Apple Pay at a Chase ATM?
You can use Apple Pay at JPMorgan Chase bank ATMs in two ways: either by holding your iPhone or Apple Watch up to the card reader or by using the ATM’s QR code scanner.
To use your iPhone or Apple Watch:
- Open the Apple Wallet app and select your Chase debit card.
- Then, hold your iPhone up to the card reader and wait for confirmation that your payment has been processed.
- If you’re using the ATM’s QR code scanner, open the Wallet app and select “Scan Code”. Then, hold your iPhone up to the QR code on the ATM screen and wait for confirmation that your payment has been processed.
With Apple Pay, you can withdraw money from Chase ATMs quickly and easily.
How to Withdraw Money from a Chase ATM Using Apple Pay
Withdrawing money from a Chase ATM using Apple Pay is easy. Simply open the Wallet app on your iPhone or Apple Watch and select your Chase debit card.
Then, hold your device up to the card reader at the ATM and wait for confirmation that your payment has been processed.
How to Find Chase Cardless ATM Access
Chase offers cardless ATM access at select locations. To find a Chase ATM near you, visit the ATM locator on Chase’s website and select the “ATM” filter.
Unfortunately, there is no way to currently select only the ATMs with cardless access.
The only thing you can do is look for the following symbol on the ATM. If it has one, then you can use Apple Pay with it. If it doesn’t, then you can’t.
Are There Fees When Using Apple Pay at a Chase ATM?
No, there are no fees when using Apple Pay at a Chase ATM. You can use your iPhone or Apple Watch to access your account and withdraw cash without having to use a physical card.
Is There a Limit When Using Apple Pay at Chase ATMs?
Yes, there is a limit when using Apple Pay at Chase ATMs. The limit is currently $500 per day. This means that you can use your iPhone or Apple Watch to withdraw up to $500 in cash from your account each day.
What Should I Do If I Have Questions About Using Apple Pay at a Chase ATM?
If you have questions about using Apple Pay at a Chase ATM, you can visit the Apple Pay support page or contact Chase customer service.
How to contact Apple Pay support
Apple Pay is a convenient and secure way to pay for your purchases using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. And if you ever have any questions or need assistance, Apple Pay support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Toll-free telephone support can be reached at 1-800-275-2273 or online through the Apple Pay Support website. Additionally, they have an Apple support app that you can download from here to get support.
So whether you’re using Apple Pay for the first time or you have questions about using it, help is always just a phone call or click away.
How to Contact Chase Customer Service
When you need to get in touch with Chase customer service, the process is quick and easy. You can either give them a call or contact them online through their website.
If you choose to contact customer service online, all you need to do is visit the following link: https://www.chaseonlinebanking.com/customerservice. From there, you’ll be prompted to enter your account information so that they can verify your identity.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to choose from a list of common issues that other customers have encountered. If you don’t see your issue listed, you can also type it in manually.
Once you’ve selected or entered your issue, customer service will be able to help you resolve it as quickly as possible. In most cases, it takes less than one minute to contact Chase customer service online.
Wrapping Up – Does Chase ATM Take Apple Pay?
- Apple Pay can be used to withdraw cash from a Chase ATM using an iPhone or Apple Watch. Just look for the Apple Pay or NFC symbol on the ATM and ensure you have your debit card added to your Apple Wallet app.
- Using Apple Pay is fast, convenient, and secure.
- There are no additional fees when using Apple Pay at a Chase ATM but there is a limit of $500 per day.
- Not all Chase Bank ATMs are contactless so make sure you use the Chase ATM locator to find ones that are.
- If you have any problems or questions, contact Chase customer service and/or Apple Pay support for help.