aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links.
Cash App is an easy and convenient app although eventually, for one reason or another, you may decide you don’t want to continue using it.
If so, you have to keep in mind that you can’t just go into your smartphone and delete the app and have your account actually be deleted.
If you want to delete your Cash App Account, it will take more steps for you to accomplish this.
Deleting your Cash App account is important and will help prevent your Cash App account from the potential of being compromised which can happen even if unused.
Let’s take a look at exactly how to properly delete your Cash App account.
In This Post:
- How to Delete Your Cash App Account (Step-By-Step)
- Can You Temporarily Deactivate Your Cash App?
- How to Uninstall Cash App
- Can You Delete Your Cash App Transaction History?
- Can You Delete Cash App and Make a New One?
- How to Remove a Business Account from Cash App?
- What Happens When You Delete Cash App?
- How to Contact Cash App Support if You Need Help?
- Wrapping Up
Before you delete your Cash App Account, make sure to transfer the funds from your Cash App account to another account. Below are the exact steps for transferring your money out of your Cash App Account.
- Open Cash App and tap on the icon that looks like a bank in the lower left corner.
- Tap the “Cash Out” button below your “Cash Balance.”
- When you tap “Cash Out,” your total balance amount will be automatically transferred to your bank account. You can type a lower amount using the touchscreen if you wish.
- An alert will appear asking how you want to deposit the money. When you choose “Standard,” you will see the funds in your account within one to three days. For a 25 cent fee, you can tap “Instant” to get the money right away.
Next, you’re ready to learn how to delete your cash app account while using the app.
Using the App to Delete Your Cash App Account (Step-By-Step)
To safely delete your Cash App account by using the app, follow these steps below:
- Open your Cash App Account, tap on the icon that shows the amount of money you have or a bank icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Here’s another reminder to transfer your money into your bank account before deleting your Cash App. Let’s save your heart from the pain of losing money by doing this step. Also, if you have bitcoin or stocks, make sure to sell them out as well. Remember above are the steps on how to Cash Out your money.
- Next, go back to the main menu. Tap on the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and choose the fourth option that says “Support.”
- Next, there will be more options, but you need to choose the one that says “Something Else.”
- On the next page, you’ll need to tap on “Account Settings.”
- Now that you’re in the Account Settings menu, scroll down and tap on “Close my Cash App Account”.
- Finally, tap on confirm. Next, Cash App will automatically sign you out of the application. After that, you will receive an email or text confirmation in regards to your deleted Cash App Account.
Using a Computer to Delete Your Cash App Account (Step-By-Step)
Many people are unaware that you can actually use Cash App from a computer and don’t need to use the very popular app. Just like the app, you can use it to delete your Cash App account.
Here is my step-by-step guide showing how to delete your Cash App account using a computer:
- Go to the official Cash App website and login into your account.
- Go to Settings and choose the personal information option.
- Scroll down to find the “Delete Account” option.
- When you delete your account, you will have to tell why you’re doing so on the computer.
- Lastly, click the confirm option.
After signing out of your account, you should receive an email or text confirming the action. As you can see, it’s pretty simple to delete your Cash App Account on the computer.
Just don’t forget to sell your bitcoins and transfer your money! (Third Reminder)
You may decide to close your Cash App account for a little bit and then start using it again in the future. If so, you can temporarily deactivate your Cash App.
First, you have to go to your Account Settings and choose “Personal Information” for the option. Next, select the “Deactivate” option and follow the pop-ups to finish the process.
Now that you know how to deactivate your Cash App Account, you’ll want to uninstall the app from your phone. Below I’ll show you how to do this step on an iPhone and an Android.
iPhone users can delete the app either directly from their phones or through the Apple App Store. If you are using iPhone 12, you can tap and hold any app and then tap Remove App.
Android users have many options when it comes to uninstalling the app. First, you can uninstall the app by long-pressing it and selecting “Uninstall,” which is the simplest method.
Another method is you can go to your settings and find the “Apps & Notifications” option. Next, choose the option displaying “See all 20 apps” (the number is actually the current amount of apps you have installed on the device).
Find the Cash App application on the list and select uninstall. Follow along with the pop-ups, and you’ll be able to delete Cash App from your device.
You can not delete your payment history or erase past transactions. Unfortunately, the application or site does not offer such an option. The only way to effectively delete your Cash App transaction history is to delete your Cash App account.
If you would like to create a new Cash App after deleting your old one, you will be able to do so at any time. You can even use the same email address, phone number, and bank account. However, creating a new account will not restore your payment history from your previous account.
Cash App gives you the option of creating a business account or a personal account when you sign up. Now, you may be wanting to remove the business account and turn it into a personal account. If you wish to do so, you can.
First, you will have to go to the profile section within Cash App. Next, find the personal tab option, and on the next screen, select the “Change Account Type.” Finally, after confirming the action, your Cash App account will become a personal one.
When you confirm deleting your Cash App, it’s gone forever. You will have to create your Cash App’s Id or Cashtag again after this if you want it to exist. Therefore, if someone attempts to send you money, it will result in an error on their end.
If you need to contact Cash App support, you will discover how to do so on their website. As you can see, you will have three options for connecting to a Cash App representative. The three options are on the App, on the site, and by calling by phone.
Now on the waiting time. Usually, Cash App support responses will take between 3 and 4 days to arrive via email. Alternatively, you can get assistance from the Cash App helpdesk via social media within 1-2 days. The quickest way to reach Cash App Support is through the app, and you may be able to hear from them within minutes.
You now discover how to delete your Cash App Account. Also, it’s a pretty simple process of doing so. The team at TimeforCash ensures the information above will help you in your process of deleting your Cash App. If you need any more information or assistance, let us know in the comments below.