Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
What’s going on Cash App-ers (or soon-to-be former Cash App-ers)?
Tired of Cash App and want to delete your account but not sure how?
Check this out…
To delete your Cash App account, from within the app tap on your profile icon in the top right corner.
Then tap on support and find where it says “Something Else” and tap on it.
Scroll down until you see “Account Settings” tap on it and then find where it says “Close Your Cash App Account”.
Before you delete your Cash App account there are a few IMPORTANT things you should take care of.
Let’s take a look at exactly how to delete your Cash App account AND what else you need to know and do.
Before you Delete Your Cash App Account (Important!)
Before you delete your Cash App Account, make sure to transfer the funds from your Cash App account to another account.
Also, be aware it is possible to simply deactivate your Cash App account as opposed to fully deleting it.
Below are the exact steps for transferring your money out of your Cash App Account.
- Open Cash App and tap on your balance in the top left corner of the app.
- Tap the “Cash Out” button below your “Cash Balance.”
- When you tap “Cash Out,” your total balance amount will be automatically transferred to your bank account.
- An alert will appear asking how you want to deposit the money. When you choose “Standard,” you will see the funds in your account within one to three days. For a 25-cent fee, you can tap “Instant” to get the money right away.
Next, you’re ready to learn how to delete your cash app account while using the app.
How to Delete Your Cash App Account (Step-By-Step)
There are two ways for you to delete your Cash App account. You can do so from within the app or by using a Computer.
Below I will show you how to do both.
Using the App to Delete Your Cash App Account (Step-By-Step)
To safely delete your Cash App account by using the app, follow these steps below:
- Tap on the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Support.”
- Next, tap on the one that says “Something Else.”
- On the next page, you’ll need to tap on “Account Settings.”
- Now that you’re in the Account Settings menu, scroll down and tap on “Close my Cash App Account”.
- Finally, tap on confirm. Next, Cash App will automatically sign you out of the application. After that, you will receive an email or text confirmation in regards to your deleted Cash App Account.
Using a Computer to Delete Your Cash App Account (Step-By-Step)
Many people are unaware that you can actually use Cash App from a computer and don’t need to use the very popular app.
Just like the app, you can use it to delete your Cash App account.
Here is my step-by-step guide showing how to delete your Cash App account using a computer:
- Go to the official Cash App website and login into your account.
- Click on settings on the left side of your dashboard.
- At the very bottom of the page, click on “Support”.
- Next, click on “Something Else”.
- Then click on “Account Settings”.
- Finally, click on “Close Your Cash App Account”. You will be asked to confirm that you want it closed.
After signing out of your account, you should receive an email or text confirming the action. As you can see, it’s pretty simple to delete your Cash App Account on the computer.
Just don’t forget to sell your bitcoins and transfer your money! (Third Reminder)
Unfortunately, you can’t temporarily deactivate your Cash App, and doing so is the same thing as closing and deleting your Cash App.
Now that you know how to deactivate your Cash App Account, you’ll want to uninstall the app from your phone. Below I’ll show you how to do this step on an iPhone and an Android.
iPhone users can delete the app either directly from their phones or through the Apple App Store. If you are using iPhone 12, you can tap and hold any app and then tap Remove App.
Android users have many options when it comes to uninstalling the app. First, you can uninstall the app by long-pressing it and selecting “Uninstall,” which is the simplest method.
Another method is you can go to your settings and find the “Apps & Notifications” option.
Next, choose the option displaying “See all 20 apps” (the number is actually the current amount of apps you have installed on the device).
Find the Cash App application on the list and select uninstall. Follow along with the pop-ups, and you’ll be able to delete Cash App from your device.
You can not delete your payment history or erase past transactions.
Unfortunately, the application or site does not offer such an option.
The only way to effectively delete your Cash App transaction history is to delete your Cash App account.
If you would like to create a new Cash App after deleting your old one, you will be able to do so at any time.
You can even use the same email address, phone number, and bank account.
However, creating a new account will not restore your payment history from your previous account.
Cash App gives you the option of creating a business account or a personal account when you sign up.
Now, you may be wanting to remove the business account and turn it into a personal account.
If you wish to do so, you can.
First, you will have to go to the profile section within Cash App.
Next, find the personal tab option, and on the next screen, select the “Change Account Type.”
Finally, after confirming the action, your Cash App account will become a personal one.
When you confirm deleting your Cash App, it’s gone forever.
You will have to create your Cash App’s Id or Cashtag again after this if you want it to exist.
Therefore, if someone attempts to send you money, it will result in an error on their end.
If you need to contact Cash App support, you will discover how to do so on their website.
As you can see, you will have three options for connecting to a Cash App representative.
The three options are on the App, on the site, and by calling by phone.
Now on the waiting time. Usually, Cash App support responses will take between 3 and 4 days to arrive via email.
Alternatively, you can get assistance from the Cash App helpdesk via social media within 1-2 days.
The quickest way to reach Cash App Support is through the app, and you may be able to hear from them within minutes.
Wrapping Up – How to Delete Your Cash App Account
- To delete your Cash App account, open the app and tap on the profile icon in the top right corner. Tap on support and find where it says “Something Else.” Scroll down until you see “Account Settings” and tap on it. Find where it says “Close Your Cash App Account” and tap on it.
- You can delete your Cash App account using a computer as an alternative to doing so using the app.
- It is important to make sure you transfer funds out of your Cash App account before you delete your Cash App.
- You can deactivate your Cash App account as opposed to deleting it.
- If you have any problems, contact Cash App support and they will help you.