Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links.
Currently, there are right around 100 million people who use Google Pay to pay for things.
It’s no surprise that some of these people would like to delete or cancel their Google Pay account for one reason or another.
But how do you cancel your Google Pay account?
In This Post:
- How to Delete Your Google Pay Account (Step-By-Step)
- How to Close Your Google Pay Account If Your Phone is lost
- Why Delete Your Google Pay Account?
- What If You Need Help Canceling Your Google Pay Account?
- Wrapping Up
How to Delete Your Google Pay Account (Step-By-Step)
You can use one of three ways to safely delete and close your Google Pay account.
Delete Your Google Pay Account Using Your Phone
To delete your Google Pay account using your smartphone:
- Launch the Google pay app from your device and log in to your account.
- Tap your profile photo in the top left corner of the app.
- Tap on the settings.
- Scroll down until you see the option to close your account near the bottom and tap on it.
- Tap close to get rid of the popup window.
- Finally, uninstall the Google Pay application from your phone.
Delete Your Google Pay Account Using a Computer
To delete your Google Pay account using your computer:
- Open a browser on your computer, go to the Google pay homepage and log in to your account.
- Click on the settings at the top of the page on the right side of the menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “close payment profile”.
- Choose a reason for closing your Google pay account and click continue.
- Confirm your intentions to close your Google pay account by clicking “close payments options”.
Calling Google Pay Support
You can also delete your Google Pay account by calling Google Pay support. Here is how:
- Dial 1-888-986-7944 and select your preferred language. This is Google pay’s helpline number.
- Carefully listen to the command prompt options and choose the option to speak to someone.
- Tell the customer support agent that you’d like to close/delete your Google Pay account. Then follow the instructions they give you.
How to Close Your Google Pay Account If Your Phone is lost
If you have lost your phone and you need to cancel/delete your Google Pay account, you’re really limited to just one option since you obviously can’t use the app or call to delete your account.
In this case, your best option is to use a computer to login into your Google Pay account to delete it.
In the section above this one, I outlined step-by-step how to delete your Google Pay account using a computer. If you misplace your phone or if it’s been stolen, this is how I’d recommend deleting your Google Pay account.
Why Delete Your Google Pay Account?
There are several reasons why you may want to delete your Google Pay account. The most common being is that you simply don’t need the account anymore and want to delete it for security reasons.
Another common reason you may want to delete your Google Pay account is that it’s potentially been compromised and you are trying to protect yourself.
Whatever the reason, the process is relatively straightforward and simple.
What If You Need Help Canceling Your Google Pay Account?
If you need help canceling your Google Pay account, contact Google Pay support by calling 1-888-986-7944. The Google Pay support agent should be able to assist you with canceling and deleting your Google Pay account or at the very least walk you through the process of doing so.
There are several reasons and ways that you can delete or cancel your Google Pay account. In most cases, people do so for security reasons of some kind.
The process of canceling your account is a fairly straightforward one. You have 3 different options to cancel the account whenever you decide to do so.