Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links.
Cash App generated $1.8 billion of bitcoin revenue in the third quarter of 2021, which shows the growth of the payment app in the crypto space.
If you’re new to cryptocurrency, you may not know that Cash App provides a platform where you can buy and sell bitcoin. You may need to get bitcoin verified on Cash App to start the transactions.
Here’s a detailed guide with all the common questions and answers on getting bitcoin verified on Cash App.
In This Post:
- Why Should I Get Bitcoin Verified on Cash App?
- How to Get My Cash App Bitcoin Verified?
- How Long Does it Take for Bitcoin to Verify on Cash App?
- Can I verify Cash App Bitcoin without ID?
- Why Was My Cash App Bitcoin Verification Denied?
- What to do If My Cash App Bitcoin Verification is Denied?
- How to Contact Cash App Support (Step-By-Step)
- Wrapping up
Why Should I Get Bitcoin Verified on Cash App?
Getting Bitcoin verified on Cash App allows you to buy Bitcoin through Cash App without restrictions. Every transaction made through Cash App is linked to your bank account and phone number, which is why you cannot be anonymous.
How to Get My Cash App Bitcoin Verified?
For you to be Cash App bitcoin verified, you’ll need to provide certain information that includes:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Home address
- SSN or TIN
Additionally, you’ll need to have business tax documents for your employer-sponsored benefit plan provider if you use Cash App as part of the company’s benefits program.
- Proof of Identity
You’ll need to upload a Government-issued National ID card, U.S. birth certificate, Passport, Voter registration card, or social security card.
Cash App also requires you to upload a photo of yourself for identity verification.
Note that the photo needs to be in .png, jpg, or gif format. It should have a visible off-white or white background without objects, shadows, or artifacts.
The photo needs to have been taken within the last 6 months and be similar to your passport or driver’s license photo. There should be no glare from flash and should have uniform and in-focus lighting throughout.
The Verification Process (Step-By-Step_
To get started, you’ll need to:
- Step 1: Launch Cash App on your phone and scroll to Transfers and Deposits.
- Step 2: Select the bitcoin option
- Step 3: Tap on enable withdrawals and deposits option
- Step 4: Cash App will then ask for your reasons for purchasing bitcoin, your employment, and your income. You’ll also need to verify your email address.
- Step 5: Cash App will ask you to provide a scan of both sides of your driver’s license or State ID.
- Step 6: You’ll need to take a full photo of your face.
- Step 7: Once done, you need to wait for 48 hours to have the ID processed for bitcoin verification.
You should see the verification in progress message until the process is complete. The message disappears once your account is approved.
After verification, you can now buy bitcoin on Cash App.
How Long Does it Take for Bitcoin to Verify on Cash App?
It takes up to 48 hours for Cash App identity verification to be complete. However, Cash App bitcoin verification can take only 24 hours if you provide the correct details, which include your full name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your SSN when making a Bitcoin purchase.
To withdraw bitcoin, you’ll need a photo ID, source of income, and photo of your face.
Can I verify Cash App Bitcoin without ID?
No, it’s not possible to verify Cash App Bitcoin without an ID.
Why Was My Cash App Bitcoin Verification Denied?
Sometimes your Cash App Bitcoin verification may be denied because of:
- Wrong Details
If you provided details that don’t match the information on your Cash App account, you may experience a verification failure. You need to ensure that the details provided are correct and similar.
- Outdated App
Having an old version of Cash App could be another reason why Cash App Bitcoin verification failed. You need to ensure that you have the latest version installed.
Your Cash App Bitcoin verification may also fail if you skipped a step. Failure to follow the process and provide the required details could be detrimental. Ensure that you follow the laid-out steps and seek clarification for anything you are unsure of.
What to do If My Cash App Bitcoin Verification is Denied?
If your Cash App Bitcoin verification fails, check if you’ve provided consistent account information that includes your correct name and details of birth. Update your Cash App and follow the procedure to have your account verified.
Once you’ve confirmed that all the above is correct and continue to experience verification failure, you’ll need to get in touch with Cash App support.
How to Contact Cash App Support (Step-By-Step)
Cash App customer support is available on Call via (855) 351-2274.
You can also get in touch with Cash App via their email support on your Cash App account. Note that you need to have a Cash App account first to use this method.
To get started:
- Launch Cash App on your phone and tap on the profile icon on the top right section of the screen.
- Scroll through the list of available options and click on support.
- You’ll be redirected to the how can we help you section. You should see a list of common problems. If you can’t find a solution, scroll further down and click on account settings.
- At the account settings, you’ll see the contact support option. Tap on it.
- Don’t click on see more transactions. Instead, tap on not about a transaction. You’ll be redirected to talk to support. Select Email on the bottom left.
- A pop-up screen will appear with the message is this where we can reach you with the email you used whole signing up for Cash App. Tap yes if it’s the correct email. If you’d wish to change the address, tap no, and Cash App will ask you to input the email address they should contact you through.
- Confirm your email and write a description of your problem.
Cash App will reach out via email in 24-48 hours.
You can also get in touch with Cash App through their Twitter account on @CashSupport. Direct message them and an agent will contact you.
Cash App customer service is also available on Facebook. Tap on send a message and an agent will get back.
Getting bitcoin verified on Cash App allows you to buy and sell bitcoin easily on Cash App without restrictions. Cash App is PCI Data Security Standard Level 1 compliant, which makes buying bitcoin through Cash App safe. If you have a pending verification or your verification has been denied, kindly get in touch with Cash App support, they’ll better explain to you what the issue is and how best to resolve it.