Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
PayPal is one of the most convenient and secure digital payment platforms, with over 300 million active users. PayPal users can not only send and receive money online, but they can also make payments to different platforms.
You can pay for food delivery, transport, gaming, and more with your PayPal balance or a linked bank account.
While adding PayPal to these platforms as a payment method is simple, some people struggle to remove PayPal from some of the products and services online. Our detailed guide gives you some guidelines on how to navigate this process.
In This Post:
- How to Delete PayPal on Lyft
- How to Delete PayPal from Xbox Live
- How to Delete PayPal on DoorDash
- How to Remove PayPal from PS4
- How to Delete PayPal from Uber
- How to Remove PayPal from Discord
- How to Delete PayPal from eBay
- How to Delete PayPal from Roblox
- How to Delete PayPal from iPhone
- Wrapping Up
How to Delete PayPal on Lyft
Lyft is a popular ride-share app with different payment options like PayPal.
To remove PayPal as a payment method from Lyft, you’ll need to:
- Log in to the LYFT site and sign in.
- Click on Profile and select payment methods.
- That will display the payment methods linked to the account.
- Select PayPal account and click remove.
Lyft will ask you to confirm your decision to remove PayPal as a payment method. Once confirmed, you’ll have removed PayPal from your payment options.
How to Delete PayPal from Xbox Live
You can’t remove PayPal from your Xbox account if it’s the only payment option.
To delete PayPal from Xbox live, you’ll need to:
- Log in to your Xbox account.
- Tap on the profile tab and scroll to My Settings.
- Scroll down and select the Accounts section, then payment and billing.
- On the payment options screen on the right, choose the payment option you want to remove and click on remove.
- Tap on Yes to confirm the removal.
Note that sometimes you can find it challenging to remove PayPal from Xbox Live. That could be due to an outstanding balance on your account, and you’ll need to clear the balance first. Additionally, if your PayPal account is linked to your Xbox for security purposes, you’ll need to contact the support to delete PayPal from your account.
How to Delete PayPal on DoorDash
DoorDash does not accept PayPal as a payment method, so there’s no way to link both accounts.
How to Remove PayPal from PS4
To remove PayPal from PS4, you’ll need to:
- On the home screen, go to settings and scroll to users and accounts.
- Select account and click on Payment and Subscriptions.
- Choose the options button to view the available payment methods.
- Tap on remove once you get to PayPal.
How to Delete PayPal from Uber
To delete PayPal from your Uber account, you need at least one payment method. Ensure you add a new payment method if you plan to delete PayPal from your account.
- To delete PayPal from Uber, you’ll need to:
- Launch your Uber App or log in to your account.
- Click on the wallet from the menu and tap on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap on delete then confirm.
How to Remove PayPal from Discord
You can remove PayPal from Discord via the app by:
- Launching the Discord app and signing in to your account.
- Scroll to the user settings in Discord’s bottom-left corner.
- Click on billing on the settings page in the left sidebar.
- You should see Paypal and other payment methods in the payment methods section on the right.
- Scroll to edit to remove PayPal from this list.
- The payment menu will come up. At the bottom of this menu, click delete payment method.
Discord will remove PayPal as your preferred payment method.
Alternatively, if this method doesn’t work, you can unlink PayPal from Discord via PayPal. You’ll need to stop automatic payments to Discord via PayPal’s site. To do this, you’ll need to:
Log in to your PayPal account and tap on the Payments tab.
- Click on manage automatic payments in the payments tab and select manage automatic payments.
- On the sidebar on the left, choose Discord Inc on the left.
- Click on cancel on the right pane next to active.
- Select cancel and choose to deactivate quicker checkout option.
How to Delete PayPal from eBay
To remove PayPal from eBay, you need to:
- Log in to eBay and scroll to your username in the top-left corner.
- Select account settings in the dropdown menu.
- You should see “My eBay views” on the left. Choose my account and under it, click on the PayPal account link.
- Select the remove button to unlink PayPal from eBay.
How to Delete PayPal from Roblox
Although Roblox doesn’t directly support PayPal as a payment method, you can use a debit/credit card linked to your PayPal to make a payment.
You can remove PayPal from Roblox by either doing it on Roblox or canceling an existing subscription on PayPal.
To delete PayPal from Roblox, you need to:
- Log in to your Roblox account and scroll over to the left menu to access privacy and security.
- Move down to forms and autofill.
- Click on saved addresses to see the payment methods saved.
- Tap on the linked card to your PayPal to remove it.
To cancel an existing PayPal subscription, you’ll have to:
- Log in to your PayPal account and click on the profile.
- Click on my money and look for preapproved payments.
- Choose manage automatic payments and subscription options and tap on update.
- You should see the active subscriptions. Click on the Roblox subscription and tap on yes to confirm cancellation.
How to Delete PayPal from iPhone
Note that to delete PayPal from your iPhone, you need to have another payment method on record. You may find it hard to remove PayPal from your Apple ID if you use purchase sharing, have subscriptions, or have an unpaid balance.
To delete PayPal from your iPhone, you need to:
- Delete PayPal from your iPhone.
- Go to Settings on your phone and select wallet.
- Choose the PayPal account you want to remove.
- Click on delete account and confirm your choice.
Removing PayPal from products and services doesn’t have to be complicated. Follow our tips above to delete Paypal as a payment method. If you have trouble unlinking your PayPal from certain products, contact their customer support for assistance.