Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
Hey Apple Card users!
Check this out…
As of 2021, the number of Apple Card users had grown to 6.4 MILLION card holders.
Many people use their Apple Card to purchase that insanely COOL new Apple device.
Prices of these products are constantly going up so how do you get a higher credit limit so you can afford to buy that badass new Apple gadget?
And maybe just as important, what are some tricks or “hacks” that you can use that will help speed up the process of getting your limit increased?
I mean, everyone KNOWS you need to make your payments on time, pay down your balance, etc. Right??
Instead of rehashing the same stuff people already know…
In this post, I’ll show you how you can QUICKLY increase your Apple Card limit and other important information you should probably know.
Some of these, you may not find anywhere else.
Some of them may not work for everyone and I make no promises.
But for MOST people, it’s worth at least trying these.
How to Request a Credit Limit Increase with Apple Card (Step-By-Step)
Before we dig into the “good stuff”, let’s go over exactly what you need to request a credit limit increase with Apple.
That way everyone understands the basic process anyway.
Keep in mind, credit limit increase requests for Apple Card are “soft pull” requests and WON’T affect your credit score.
A credit limit increase likely WILL decrease your credit score for a while since the overall age of your credit history will decrease.
The decrease should be fairly minor but it’s something to be aware of.
There are NO LIMITS on the number of credit limit increase requests you can make either.
This is how to request a credit limit increase for your Apple Card:
On your iPhone
- Step 1: Launch the Wallet application and click Apple Card.
- Step 2: Tap on your Apple Card.
- Step 3: Tap on the “…” in the top right corner.
- Step 4: Tap on the message button to send a message requesting a credit limit increase.
- Step 5: Wait for a response.
You should receive an answer back from Apple in a minute or two in most cases since the entire process is automated.
Hacks/Tips to Increase Your Apple Card Limit Quickly
The following are things you can try to increase your Apple Card limit quickly.
Obviously when I say “quickly”, it’s in relative terms.
You’re NEVER going to consistently increase your Apple Card limit overnight.
These are worth trying but I can’t promise they will work for everyone since there are SO MANY OTHER factors at play (like your past credit history).
With that in mind, here is what to do:
- Hack/Tip 1: Buy something cheap like a pack of gum daily for 20-30 days using your Apple Card and then pay it off right away. Then request a credit limit increase from Apple. If it doesn’t work the first time, try it again for 20-30 days. Keep repeating the process until you secure the credit limit you want.
- Hack/Tip 2: You can gradually increase your Apple Card limit by regularly using your card, paying it down/off, ensuring your overall credit utilization is at or below 20% and then requesting a credit limit increase every 3 months. By doing this, you can grow your limit to well over $20,000. The key is to make sure your overall credit utilization is below 20% when you make a limit increase request for your Apple Card.
How is the Apple Card Credit Limit Determined?
The credit limit for Apple Cards depends on factors such as your repayment history, Apple Card usage history, income, spending habits, credit score, and current credit utilization (to name a few).
All credit approvals are made by Goldman Sachs and not Apple itself.
What is the Average Credit Limit for Apple Card?
For most American citizens, the average credit limit for an Apple card is between $10,000 and $20,000.
Most customers will get an Apple Card limit of $2500 when they first apply and then gradually increase it over time.
This can vary greatly from person to person though.
What is the Highest Credit Limit on Apple Card?
It’s unlikely there is a specific limit amount for everyone.
Instead the limit will vary based on the cardholder’s income, credit history, and score (among other things).
What to do if Apple Denies Your Credit Limit Increase Request?
If you are denied an increase in your credit limit, the best thing to do is wait a few days or weeks and then try again.
The company has set parameters for how much they can approve based on your income and other factors.
You should take time to improve your credit score before requesting another limit increase.
That way, when you return for your subsequent request, you will have a better chance of being approved for more.
Additionally, it would be best if you refrained from applying for credit too frequently, as this may indicate to the issuer that you are having financial difficulties.
Is Requesting a Credit Limit Increase with Apple Card a Soft Pull or Hard Pull?
Requesting a credit limit increase with your Apple Card will be a soft pull, which won’t impact your credit score.
As of now, there are no limits on the number of credit inquiries a company can make while you are in good standing.
If you have applied for new credit, inquiries are only counted as hard inquiries.
Institutions don’t consider credit inquiries when deciding whether or not to approve an application for other credit cards.
Keep in mind…
If you’re approved for a limit increase, expect your credit score to be impacted some since it will decrease the overall age of your credit history.
How Often Does Apple Card Increase Limits?
Apple pay can increase the credit limit for an Apple Card if the account holder takes specific actions.
Individuals will increase their credit limit every six months if they make their monthly payments on time and in full.
These updates happen as long as there is no outstanding balance on the card.
Cardholders should take care of their monthly payments and pay off balances in full to ensure they can take advantage of these increases.
How to Contact Apple Pay Support
The process of contacting Apple Pay support is relatively straightforward.
There are a few ways you can get in touch with them.
To begin with, you can visit Apple Pay’s Get Support Page on their website for customized customer support as a US citizen.
If this page does not provide the help you need, you can move on to a live chat or call the Apple Pay support customer number.
Apple pay also provides its customers with a personalized Apple support app, which users can download on their apple devices.
Wrapping Up – How to Increase Your Apple Card Limit
- You can request a credit limit for your Apple Card by using your Wallet app and messaging apple to make the request.
- There are a couple of hacks/tips you can try that may help with increasing your Apple Card limit quicker.
- When you request a credit limit increase, it is a “soft pull” and it won’t affect your credit score. There is no limit on how many of these requests you can make.
- Credit limit increases are approved by Goldman Sachs and not Apple itself.