Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
Cash App has over the years remained to be one of the convenient, user-friendly financial apps in the market. With plenty of features to explore and up to 40 million active users, Cash App continues to redefine the financial industry.
Did you know that apart from receiving and sending money to friends and family that you can also use Cash App to pay for food, an uber ride, or your gym kit at an Under Armor store?
Read on to find out how Cash App payments work and which stores accept Cash App as a direct payment method.
In This Post:
- 1) Can Cash App Pay for Uber?
- 2) Can I Pay Employees with Cash App?
- 3) Can I Pay My Verizon bill with Cash App?
- 4) Can I Use Cash App for Doordash?
- 5) Can I Use Cash App like Apple Pay?
- 6) Can I Use Cash App to Pay Bills?
- 7) Can You Pay at Stores with Cash App?
- 8) How to Pay with Cash App at a Store?
- 9) Can You Pay Lyft with Cash App?
- 10) Can You Pay Netflix with Cash App?
- 11) Can You Pay Uber Eats with Cash App?
- 12) Can You Pay with Cash App at Walmart?
- 13) How to Pay with Cash App on Amazon
- 14) Can You Pay with Bitcoin on Cash App?
- 15) What Online Stores Accept Cash App?
- Wrapping Up
1) Can Cash App Pay for Uber?
Yes, you can use Cash App to pay for Uber. However, you won’t see Cash App as a payment option when you log in to your Uber account.
Uber accepts payment methods like a debit card, credit card, PayPal, or Cash.
For you to use Cash App, you’ll need to manually add your Cash App card as a payment method on Uber.
To do this, you’ll need to:
- Launch your Uber App and click on Wallet from your app menu.
- Click on Add Payment.
- Add your Cash App card information manually by entering the card number, expiration date, postal code, and CVV number. Tap on save.
- Alternatively, you can scan the Cash App card by tapping on the camera icon. You’ll need to grant Uber App permission to access the camera. Place your card at the center of the phone’s screen.
- Provide your card details and click on save.
2) Can I Pay Employees with Cash App?
Yes, as an employer you can pay employees via Cash App.
Square Payroll launched Instant Payments, a feature that allows employers to fund payroll from their Square balance rather than waiting to pay via external bank accounts. Employers can initiate payments immediately by tapping directly into their funding source.
An employee using direct deposit will receive his funds the next business day, while an employee using Cash App receives his funds immediately.
3) Can I Pay My Verizon bill with Cash App?
Yes, you can pay your Verizon bill with your Cash App card.
You’ll need to put your Cash App Card as a payment method on your Verizon account.
To add a payment method on Verizon, you’ll need to:
- Log in to the Verizon Enterprise Center.
- Click on Manage Account and scroll over to Manage Payment Methods.
- Choose credit/debit card and add your Cash App details.
- Save your changes.
You can now pay your Verizon bill using Cash App
4) Can I Use Cash App for Doordash?
Yes, you can use the Cash App for Doordash.
Doordash allows you to pay using your Cash App card. Cash App boosts can help you save money on Doordash. This applies when you use the card for takeouts.
To use Cash App boost on Doordash, you need to:
- Launch Cash App on your phone.
- Scroll to the screen’s bottom and click on the card icon.
- You should see save with boost.
- Scroll and activate Doordash Boost
- You can check the boost information like the maximum and minimum. You can also check the number of times you can use and change the boost information.
- Tap on add boost to apply the discount
Note that discounts on boosts tend to change and you can’t expect a fixed percentage every time.
Also, you don’t have to have a Cash App card to use a Doordash boost. Cash App provides you with a card number before you get the physical card. To get a Doordash boost without a cash card, you’ll have to:
- Open Cash App on your phone
- Click on the card icon at the home screen’s bottom
- Request a debit card
- You’ll be provided with a debit card’s number.
- There’s a list of boosts also available.
- Find Doordash boost offer and tap on it,
- Ensure that you have the required amount in your Cash App balance to make an order.
- Log on to Doordash and make an order. Use the Cash App card number and use the boost to get a discount.
5) Can I Use Cash App like Apple Pay?
Yes, Cash App like Apple Pay allows you to make payments in stores and online from your mobile device.
You can link a debit card to your Cash App to fund your account, which is similar to funding your Apple Pay account with your linked debit or credit card.
Payments on both apps are approved with a passcode or Touch ID.
However, Apple Pay allows you to send money within the messages app.
6) Can I Use Cash App to Pay Bills?
Yes, you can use Cash App to pay for bills with Cash App balance.
To pay bills using your account and routing numbers:
- Open your Cash App and click on the banking tab on the Cash App home screen.
- Click on deposits and transfers.
- Tap on copy account details.
- Provide the accounting and routing number when asked for a bank account when setting up bill pay.
7) Can You Pay at Stores with Cash App?
Yes, you can pay at various stores with Cash App. While there are a few stores that accept Cash App payments directly, you can still use the Cash app card like your regular debit card to pay for the purchases.
Some of the stores that accept Cash App include Adidas, Airbnb, eBay, Forever 21, Gameplanet, Emirates, Disney Store, Hollister, Eastbay, Kipling, Karmaloop, Nike, Puma, New Balance, and Spotify to name a few.
8) How to Pay with Cash App at a Store?
You can pay with Cash App directly or use a Cash App card to pay at a store.
The Cash App card is acceptable at any store that accepts VISA. You can fund your purchases in stores using the Cash App balance as the card is linked to your account.
Alternatively, you can scan a QR code to pay square sellers. To get started:
- Launch Cash App and click on the payments tab on the home screen.
- Click on the QR scanner on the screen top left corner.
- Scan the QR code at the merchant’s point of sale
- Follow the prompts to complete the payment.
It’s also possible to pay in-store with Cash App without a card. However, you’ll need the store’s Cash App email address and phone number or their Cashtag. The process involves:
- Launching Cash App on your phone
- Enter the amount and click on Pay
- Enter the store’s Cash App email address or Cashtag
- Write out a note for the purchase and proceed to pay.
- Your recent payments should appear on the activity.
9) Can You Pay Lyft with Cash App?
Yes, it’s possible to use your Cash App card to pay for a Lyft ride.
Although Lyft lists accepted payment methods as Venmo, Apple Pay, PayPal, Google Pay, debit cards, prepaid cards, and major credit cards, you can still use Cash App.
To use a Cash App card to pay for Lyft, you need to:
- Open the Lyft application on your phone
- Tap on the lines at the home screen top left.
- Click on payment, drop-down methods you should see add card option.
- Provide your Cash App card’s details and any other required information. Alternatively, you can scan the card by tapping on the camera icon on your phone.
- Tap on the save tab.
- Once you’ve saved the Cash App card details, you can use your Cash App balance to pay Lyft.
10) Can You Pay Netflix with Cash App?
Yes, you can pay for Netflix with Cash App but not directly.
You’ll need to add the Cash App card as a debit card on Netflix. You can then use your Cash App balance to make payments for your Netflix account.
11) Can You Pay Uber Eats with Cash App?
Yes, you can pay Uber Eats with Cash App via a Cash App card.
To add a Cash App card, you’ll need to:
- Launch Uber Eats on your phone.
- Head on to the User Profile selection and tap on it.
- Select the payment tab and proceed to make a payment.
- Choose the method of payment by clicking on it.
- There’s an option of a debit or credit card from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Cash App card details.
- Click on the next tab to add the Cash App card to the Uber Eats payment account.
To use Cash App Card to order your favorite food on Uber Eats, you need to:
- Sign in to your Uber Eats account.
- Choose your preferred restaurants from the list and place an order.
- Click on the Add to Cart option once done.
- Tap on the shopping cart symbol at the top to proceed to checkout.
- Confirm delivery time, location, and payment method. Ensure that you choose your Cash App card as a preferred payment option then proceed to deliver to the doorstep. You can also choose to pick your order outside.
Your Cash App card will be charged after placing an order.
12) Can You Pay with Cash App at Walmart?
Walmart accepts EBT, credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, PayPal, Affirm, and Capital One Walmart credit cards as payment methods.
Although Walmart doesn’t accept Cash App as a direct payment method, you can still use your Cash App card as a debit card to pay for the purchases.
Simply log into your Walmart account, choose a wallet and add your Cash App card as a new payment method. Select the payment type and provide your details. Save the card and you can now pay with Cash App at Walmart.
13) How to Pay with Cash App on Amazon
You can shop on Amazon and pay using your Cash App card. However, you’ll need to link your Cash App card to Amazon after activating it.
To add a Cash App card on Amazon as a payment method, you need to follow these steps.
- Open the Amazon app on your phone.
- Tap on the menu section on the top corner.
- Choose your account option from the drop-down list.
- Click on manage payment and select add a payment method.
- Tap on the add your card option.
- Enter your card number, expiry date, and CVV number.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
You can now use your Cash App card to make purchases on Amazon.
Here’s how to pay on Amazon using your Cash App card.
- Open your Amazon app or log in to Amazon.com on your PC.
- Browse through the available products and choose what you like.
- Add the products to the cart to proceed to purchase.
- Tap on Add to Cart button and select the shopping cart icon.
- Proceed to checkout and follow the prompts.
- Enter a new shipping address or select ship to this address.
- Select the Cash App card to pay for the purchase.
- Review your order and verify that everything is in order. Once confirmed, click on place an order.
Please note that there is a small fee charged when you pay using Cash App on Amazon.
14) Can You Pay with Bitcoin on Cash App?
Unfortunately, no feature allows you to pay with Bitcoin on Cash App.
Nonetheless, you can buy and sell bitcoin with your Cash App account.
15) What Online Stores Accept Cash App?
Some of the online stores that accept Cash App include:
- Home Depot
- Under Armour
- Coach Outlet
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
Note that there may be a few stores that accept Cash App as a direct payment.
Nonetheless, you can still use your Cash App card as a debit card to make your purchases in any store that accepts VISA.
Cash App is one of the convenient and fastest ways to make payments online and in stores. With your Cash App card, you can make payments at any outlet that accepts VISA. Hopefully, you now have an idea of what stores accept Cash App directly and those that allow the use of a Cash App card for easy transactions.