Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
How’s it going Chimers?!
Have you ever expected a deposit and wondered if there was a way to see if it was pending in your account?
Maybe you just set up direct deposits with Chime?
It would be nice to have some peace of mind KNOWING things have been set up correctly.
Does Chime Show Pending Deposits?
Yes, Chime shows pending deposits in a “Pending Deposits” section of your transactions as well as by using a color coded system. If the amount of your deposit is shown in grey text, it means that deposit is pending. If it’s in green text, then that deposit has cleared and added to your Chime balance.
That’s good news anyway – right?
Well, NOT entirely.
Only SOME types of deposits will show as pending (direct deposits aren’t one of them).
I’ll explain later in this post more about what types do and don’t show as pending.
This inconsistency has led to a fair amount of confusion online if it’s even possible to see pending deposits on Chime (which it is).
I’ll show you EXACTLY how to check your pending deposits using both the Chime app and Chime website as well as other IMPORTANT things you should know.
How to Check Pending Chime Deposits (Step-By-Step)
To see if you currently have any pending deposits in your Chime account:
Using the Chime App
- Step 1: Open the Chime app and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Tap on “View Transactions” below your account balance.
- Step 3: At the top of your transactions will be a section labeled as “Pending Deposits” (if you have any) and the amount will be shown in gray text meaning it’s pending. If the amount is shows in green text, it means that deposit has cleared and has been added to your Chime account balance.
Using the Chime Website
- Step 1: Open Chime’s website and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Tap on where it says “Checking Account” on the left side of the screen.
- Step 3: At the top, you will see a “Pending Deposits” section (if you have any) and the amount of the deposit will be shown in gray text meaning it’s pending. If the amount is shown in green text, it means it has cleared and been added to your account.
Pretty simple and easy to understand.
How do you know WHICH deposits will show as pending?
Lets take a look now.
Which Deposit Types WILL Show as Pending?
- Mobile check deposits.
- External transfers (typically funds you’re sending to Chime from your linked bank account or debit card).
Which Deposit Types WON’T Show as Pending?
- Direct deposits.
- Cash deposits.
- Chime Pay Anyone payments.
How Long Do Chime Deposits Stay Pending?
The length of time a deposit into your Chime account stays as pending depends on several things including the TYPE of deposit.
I have listed out the different types of deposits and how long you should expect them to be pending with your Chime account.
Mobile Check Deposits
Mobile check deposits can take up to 5 business days to clear and be added to your Chime account (though typically it’s much faster – sometimes in only a few hours).
These deposits will usually show as pending until the check clears.
Direct deposits will NEVER show as pending in your account.
Chime reportedly releases your funds as soon as they receive the payment info from your Employer’s bank.
The process isn’t obviously “instant” but regardless, it will never show as pending.
External Transfers (From Your Bank or Debit Card)
External transfers from your linked bank or debit card can take up to 5 business days to process (again, normally it’s faster than this)
They will be shown as “pending” until the funds clear.
Cash deposits will never show as pending since they are immediately credited to your balance with Chime.
Payments From Chime Pay Anyone
Chime Pay Anyone payments will NOT be shown as pending since they are credited to your account immediately.
How to Contact Support if You Need Help
If you have problems with a pending deposit, the first thing to do is make sure you’ve waited a long enough period of time for the transaction to clear (typically up to 5 business days).
If it’s been more than 5 business days and your deposit is still showing as “pending”, this is how you can contact Chime:
By using the Chime App:
Tap on the question mark icon in the top left corner of the app. This will start a chat with their automated system. You can continue to use the automated system or choose to speak to a representative.
By calling Chime:
You can call Chime support at: 1 (844) 244-6363.
Wrapping Up – How to See Pending Chime Deposits
- You Can see pending Chime deposits by using the Chime app or Chime website. The amounts of the deposits are shown in grey and added to a pending deposit section at the top of your list of transactions.
- Some types of deposits will never show as pending. These include direct deposits, cash deposits, and money sent to use using Chime Pay Anyone.
- If you mobile deposit a check using Chime, it will show as pending for up to 5 business days (normally it clears faster than that). If you transfer money to your Chime account from a linked bank account or debit card, it will also show as pending for up to 5 business days.