Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
Varo was launched in 2015 to disrupt the financial industry and address the absence of digital capabilities of regular banks. The mobile firm wanted to provide a mobile experience and attract the youth with monthly-free free accounts.
With Varo having a good combination of high-yield online savings and online banking without hidden fees, you may be wondering if it’s possible to use Cash App with Varo.
Read on to learn more on whether you can transfer funds from Varo to Cash App and if there are any fees charged with these transactions.
In This Post:
- Does Varo work with Cash App?
- Can I transfer from Varo to Cash App?
- How do I Transfer Money From Varo to Cash App?
- Can I use my Varo Card on Cash App?
- Can you Transfer Money From the Cash app to Varo?
- How Long Does it Take to Transfer Money From Varo to Cash App?
- Are There Limits When Sending Money from Cash App to Varo
- Are There Fees When using Cash App with Varo?
- What If I Have Problems Using Varo with Cash App
- Wrapping Up
Does Varo work with Cash App?
Yes, Varo works with Cash App. Here’s how this happens.
Both Cash App and Varo provide debit cards, account numbers, and routing numbers. That makes it easy to link them both using card links or bank choices.
With Varo, you can link or add your Varo Visa debit card to Cash App and transfer funds into the bank account. Cash App also allows you to connect Varo to an external bank account and transfer funds from it directly.
Cash App makes it easy to a Varo debit card just like you would when transferring funds to other platforms like Venmo and PayPal.You’ll need to provide your Varo card details to initiate a transfer of funds to your Cash App account.
Can I transfer from Varo to Cash App?
Yes, it’s possible to transfer funds from Varo to Cash App.
However, you’ll need to first link your Varo account to Cash App. According to Varo’s site, the app uses Plaid, a service that enables customers to link outside bank accounts.
With this integration, you can import your Varo information to and from Cash App, initiate funds transfer, and check your monthly spending on Varo’s app.
Here’s how the linking works.
- Step 1: Launch your Varo application and enter your login details
- Step 2: On the dashboard, click on the link to an external account.
- Step 3: Find Cash App in the search area.
- Step 4: Select Cash App and you’ll be prompted to provide your Cash App login details to connect with Varo.
There’s also another way to link Varo to Cash App using your Varo debit card. You’ll need to:
- Step 1: Launch Cash App on your phone and provide your login credentials.
- Step 2: Tap on the bank icon that resembles a small building at the bottom part of your home screen. You’ll be redirected to the banking screen.
- Step 3: Scroll to the bottom and click on the linked bank
- Step 4: Click on the link debit card and tap on next.
- Step 5: Provide your Varo debit card details.
Your Varo account is now linked to your Cash App account directly, and you can now transfer funds between these two accounts.
Cash App users can also link Varo to their Cash Account without a debit card by using Varo’s bank account and routing numbers. However, you should note that transfers through the bank link can take up to five days and are not as immediate as when linking the two accounts via debit cards.
To use this method, you’ll need to:
- Step 1: Open your Cash App account and log in.
- Step 2: Click on the bank icon at the bottom of the home screen.
- Step 3: Scroll down and tap on the linked bank
- Step 4: Choose link bank and provide your Varo Bank account and routing number.
How do I Transfer Money From Varo to Cash App?
After linking both Varo and Cash App, it’s possible to send money between the two accounts.
To get started, you’ll need to:
- Step 1: Launch Cash App and tap on the bank icon.
- Step 2: Click on add cash.
- Step 3: Enter the amount of money you’d like to transfer.
- Step 4: Choose the linked Varo account
- Step 5: Your money will be moved from Varo to Cash App.
Can I use my Varo Card on Cash App?
Yes, you can link your Varo card to Cash App and use it to send or receive payments from Cash App.
Can you Transfer Money From the Cash app to Varo?
Yes, It’s possible to transfer money from Cash App to Varo. You can do this by:
- Step 1: Launch Cash App and enter your credentials.
- Step 2: Tap on the bank icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Step 3: Select Cash Out.
- Step 4: Enter the amount of money you would like to transfer.
- Step 5: You’ll need to select a bank account you wish to send to if you have several linked accounts.
How Long Does it Take to Transfer Money From Varo to Cash App?
The duration takes to transfer money from Varo to Cash App will depend on the transfer option you chose.
If you linked both accounts via a Varo debit card, your money will be transferred instantly. However, if you linked your accounts via the bank’s account and routing number, the transfer can take up to five business days.
Are There Limits When Sending Money from Cash App to Varo
Cash App allows you to send up to $7,500 a week, but you can receive an unlimited amount.
Note that when Cash App is sending money through your Varo debit card, it considers the transfer purchase. That means a $2500 spend limit per year.
It’s possible to view your Varo account statements. Visit the accounts page. Simply click on Savings account or Varo Bank and tap on the top right to choose details. You’ll then be redirected to account statements. Choose the month or year of the statement you’d like to view.
Are There Fees When using Cash App with Varo?
Varo Bank does not charge any fees when transferring funds to your Cash App.
However, when you try to send money back into your Varo account from Cash App, you’ll have two options-standard transfers and instant transfers.
Cash App charges a 1.5% transfer fee for immediate transfer into your bank. Nonetheless, when you choose standard transfer, the money will be transferred into your bank account within three days at no cost.
What If I Have Problems Using Varo with Cash App
If you’re experiencing a problem linking your Varo Bank account to Cash App, you can get in touch with Varo customer support and Cash App support.
You’ll get an alert on the external accounts page if you’re having an issue linking a new account or providing information for an account already linked. Tap on the alert to get details about your problem.
It’s common to experience a problem if you changed your external bank account password after first linking the account. You can solve this by providing a new password in the Varo app and refreshing the linked account.
Alternatively, you can get in touch with their customer service team email@example.com.
Cash App Support
If you’re having trouble linking your Varo bank account to your Cash App, you’ll need to:
- Step 1: Click on the Cash App home screen and click on the balance tab,
- Step 2: Tap on cash out and select an amount.
- Step 3: Select standard transfers and type the cash app in the search field.
- Step 4: Click on add manually and provide your account and routing numbers.
You can find your Varo routing and accounting number on the home page of the Varo Bank app. Choose your savings or checking account, and click on account details on the right-hand side. You should see your account and routing number.
Cash App works with Varo Bank, a collaboration that has made instant banking accessible and fast. Hopefully, you now understand how you can link the two mobile banking platforms and how you can transfer funds from Varo to Cash App and vice versa.