Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. aTimeforCash is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links at no cost to you.
Have you ever wondered if using Venmo with Cash App is possible?
Cash App and Venmo are two popular applications that let you transfer money to different bank accounts or someone else.
However, with both apps providing the same tool, it makes you wonder can you use them together when moving money from one place to another.
Below you’ll discover how you can use Venmo with Cash App for this reason.
In This Post:
- 1) Are Venmo and Cash App Compatible?
- 2) Can Cash App Send Money to Venmo?
- 3) How to Send Money from Cash App to Venmo (Step-By-Step)
- 4) Can Venmo Send Money to Cash App?
- 5) How to Send Money from Venmo To Cash App (Step-By-Step)
- 6) Is Using Venmo with Cash App Safe?
- 7) Can You Link Your Cash App Card to Venmo?
- 8) Can You Link Your Vemo Card to Cash App?
- 9) Are There Fees When Using Venmo with Cash App?
- 10) Are There Any Limitations When Using Venmo with Cash App?
- 11) What if You Have Problems Using Venmo with Cash App?
- Wrapping Up
1) Are Venmo and Cash App Compatible?
As a general rule of thumb, you can use Cash App with Venmo. However, you can’t link the two together directly. In other words, you’ll have to go about transferring money from both accounts in an indirect way but this shouldn’t be surprising since the two are basically competitors and pretty much do the same thing.
2) Can Cash App Send Money to Venmo?
Sometimes Venmo users prefer not to use Cash App as they can do everything they need within the Venmo App. But it puts you in a dilemma when the money you’re trying to send is within your Cash App account.
“Is it possible to send money from Cash App to Venmo?”
You can indeed transfer money from Cash App to Venmo. The process is quick and easy. I’ll walk you through exactly how in the next section.
3) How to Send Money from Cash App to Venmo (Step-By-Step)
Below are the three simple steps you want to take to send money from Cash App to Venmo. It’s important to note you will need your Venmo Master card for these steps to work.
Now let’s get started.
- Launch your Cash App. In the bottom left corner of the app you’ll see your balance. Tap on it.
- If you have a bank account attached to your Cash App, you’re going to have to delete it. After you delete the bank account, you will have the option to “Add Bank”. Once you do, tap on Add Bank.
- After you select the option, you will transfer to a new screen. Here you will enter all of the Venmo card details for the bank you wish to pay.
- Following the completion of the process, you will see the card in the list of banks you can pay from Cash App.
To test things out to ensure that you have things linked properly:
- Within the banking area of Cash App, tap the option Cash Out.
- Decide on how much you’re going to transfer to your Venmo MasterCard and tap Cash Out.
- The next step is to tell Cash App how to deposit the money into your bank account.
- You have the option to choose instantly or standard.
- The standard option is free to do, but the instant option will cost. The fee to instantly send money is 25 cents minimum plus 1.5%.
- Cash App will then tell you they sent the money to your bank account. After that, you can check your Venmo account to verify if the steps worked.
You might not like the idea of doing it this way if you already have a bank account linked to your Cash App. Although it’s worth doing it this way as you can instantly send money from Cash App to Venmo. This means no more waiting days or weeks for your Venmo account to receive your funds.
4) Can Venmo Send Money to Cash App?
Now you know you can send money from Cash App to Venmo instantly. But what about Visa Versa?
Can you send money from Venmo to CashApp? Yes, you can do this too. I’ll tell you how within the next section.
5) How to Send Money from Venmo To Cash App (Step-By-Step)
Transferring money from Venmo to Cash App requires having your Venmo and Cash App accounts linked to the same bank account. However, this is an easy process. To move your money between Venmo and Cash App, you use a mutual bank account that’s linked to both accounts.
If you haven’t added a bank account, follow the steps to add a bank account to your Venmo.
- Launch the Venmo app.
- Set up your payment methods under Settings.
- If you haven’t done so already, add a bank account.
- Confirm your bank account.
If you need to add the same bank account to your Cash App, be sure to follow the steps below when you were adding your Venmo card. Next down below are the steps to send money from Venmo to CashApp:
- First, open up your Venmo app and tap on the menu (three-line symbol) from the top of the app.
- Next, you will be given the option to “Transfer to Bank.”
- Enter the amount of money you want to transfer.
- There are two types of transfers available: Instantly (with a small charge within 30 minutes) and “1-3 Business Days” (no fee).
- Choose the bank account you want to use.
- Confirm the transaction after reviewing the information.
- To transfer funds, click the “Transfer” button.
Transferring funds to the bank has now been completed. Depending on your selection, you will be credited your funds instantly or within 1-3 business days. When the money is credited, you can load the funds into your Cash App account.
6) Is Using Venmo with Cash App Safe?
You may wonder if it is safe for you to use Venmo with Cash App or vis versa. Yes, it is safe for you to do so. Just make sure you know what account the money is going to and who you’re sending it to.
If you accidentally send the money to the wrong account or person, you’re going to ask the person to send the money back in both apps. However, there’s no guarantee they will do this.
7) Can You Link Your Cash App Card to Venmo?
Yes, you can link your cash app card to your Venmo account as a payment method. Below are the steps on how you can do this:
- Open up your Venmo account. Next, look at the bottom right of your home screen and click on your profile.
- Next, you will see the menu screen of Venmo. Look up at the top right of your screen for a gear icon. Click here, and you will find the settings area.
- In the settings area, you will see an option for you to click on payment methods. After clicking on it, you will be taken to a screen giving you the chance to add a bank or card.
- Click on it and choose the option to add your card.
- Next, enter your Cash App card information into the screen.
Once done, you should be able to use your cash App Card to Venmo. In the past, Venmo did not allow you to add a debit card as a payment method. But as far as we know, they do now.
8) Can You Link Your Vemo Card to Cash App?
If you would like to use your Venmo Card through your Cash App, you can do so. All you have to do is click on your balance on the bottom left section of Cash App. Next, follow the steps above under send money from cash app to Venmo. The process is pretty straightforward.
9) Are There Fees When Using Venmo with Cash App?
When sending money over Venmo, there’s a 3% fee when using a credit card. However, you can avoid the fees by funding the transaction with Venmo, a bank account, or a debit card. For instant transfers, there is also a 1% fee.
So when you’re using your cash app through Venmo, you should only be charged the 1% fee if you decide to transfer the money instantly.
10) Are There Any Limitations When Using Venmo with Cash App?
The only limitation to using Venmo with Cash App is the amount you can send and receive. On Cash App, you can send up to $250 within seven days and only receive $1,000 within 30 days. You can increase these limits after verifying your account.
11) What if You Have Problems Using Venmo with Cash App?
If you’re having trouble using Venmo with Cash App, you will have to contact Cash App to see why they are declining payments through Venmo. The Venmo support page explains why they can not provide reasons why your card was declined.
Now you know you can use Venmo with CashApp in an indirect way. Hopefully, one day the two apps will combine to form a button to transfer money between the two. Although highly unlikely.
Remember to use the instant transfer option to avoid the frustration of waiting 3-4 business days to move money. Did we help you understand the process better when using Venmo with Cash App? If so, read more of time for cash blog posts for more financial advice.